Be prepared to survive and thrive when modern medicine fails!
Would you be able to survive during a crisis if you were cut off from vital medical treatment and prescription medications? Hundreds of thousands of people have been forced to do exactly this during the last decade, struggling to outlive calamities while isolated from medical care. In this invaluable and practical resource, Dr. Scott A. Johnson prepares you with crucial information that could potentially save your life when modern medicine collapses after a disaster. With a supply of about 42 essential oils in your emergency preparedness kit, Dr. Johnson provides a definitive, specific, and easy to follow guide arming you with indespensible information to manage more than 460 health conditions. Whether you're new to essential oils or a long time user, this book will quickly become your go to quick reference for essential oils.
Size: 256 pages; 6" wide x 9" tall ¾" deep.
Published in 2015.
What is included? This item is sold individually and includes 1 book.
Dr. Scott A. Johnson is the bestselling author of eight books and more than 250 articles featured in online and print publications. He has a doctorate in naturopathy, is a board certified Alternative Medical Practitioner (AMP), a Certified Clinical Master Aromatherapist (CCMA), and Certified Professional Coach (CPC). His evidence-based approach to natural healing and experience conducting medical research make him one of the world's leading experts on the therapeutic application of essential oils. Dr. Johnson pioneered evidence-based essential oil therapy, which combines the art of ancient healing with modern science to maximize the benefits of essential oils. One of his research focuses is the safety of essential oils, and he has published internationally on the subject. He is an acclaimed international speaker and has delivered keynote presentations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Dr. Johnson draws on his wealth of experience and diverse educational background as he travels the globe to share the secrets of natural healing with those who seek greater wellness.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: Surviving and Thriving with Essential Oils
- The Case for Complementary and Integrative Medicine
- Essential Oils as Disaster Medicine
- The Huge Advantages of Essential Oils as Natural Remedies
- The Future of Aromatherapy: The Evidence-based Model
- What are Essential Oils?
- Essential Oil Compounds
- A Brief History of Essential Oils
- The Importance of Oil Purity and Authenticity
- The Dangers of Synthetic or Adulterated Essential Oils
- Usage and Safety Guidelines
- Using Essential Oils with Children
- Essential Oils and Pregnancy
- Essential Oils Before and After Surgery or Medical Procedures
- Epilepsy Cautions with Essential Oils
- Essential Oils and the Eyes
- Essential Oils and the Ears
- Photosensitizing Essential Oils
- Essential Oils with Thymol
- Essential Oils: Kidney Transplants and Compromised Kidneys
- Medical Implants and Essential Oils
- Breast Implants and Essential Oils
- Essential Oils: Immunosuppressive Drugs and Patients
- Essential Oils During Chemotherapy and Cancer Treatment
- Is it Possible to Build a Tolerance to Essential Oils?
- Essential Oil Use with Medications
- Possible Drug Interactions and Cautions
- Topical Application
- Enhancing Absorption of Essential Oils Through the Skin
- Where to Apply Essential Oils
- Carrier Oils
- Common Carrier Oils and Bases and Their Properties/Benefits
- Skin Sensitivity and Reactions to Topical Essential Oils
- Ways to Avoid Sensitization
- Dilution Ratios
- Reversing Sensitivity
- The Powerful Influence of Aromas
- Inhalation: Asthma and Chronic Respiratory Disorders
- Sensory Irritation During Essential Oil Inhalation or Diffusion
- Oral Administration
- Oral Administration and Gastrointestinal System Irritation
- Essential Oils and Gastrointestinal Flora (Probiotics)
- Liver Toxicity and Essential Oils–Fact or Fiction?
- Compromised Livers or Liver Damage and Essential Oils Use
- Oral Consumption is Reasonable, Beneficial, and Safe
- Recommended Essential Oils
- Usage Quick Reference Guide
- Chapter 2: Essential Oil Therapy for Health Conditions
- Using the Protocols
- Foot Chart
- Author Information