Become acquainted with essential oil molecules and be the local expert on essential oils! Learn how plants use and store essential oils, how essential oils are collected from plants, the basics of steam and hydro-distillation, and different ways to diffuse essential oils. And, of course, learn the chemistry behind essential oils with Cole Woolley, PhD.
- 106 examples of essential oil molecules.
- 155 essential oil vocabulary words.
- 64 unique illustrations, graphs and diagrams.
- 58 Dr. Woolly challenges.
Size: 6" wide x 9" tall x ˝" deep.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cole L. Woolley, PhD, is an expert at simplifying technical concepts of essential oils and helping the general public understand and remember these simplified concepts. He enjoys using essential oils and promoting their benefits towards health, happiness, and emotional well-being. Dr. Woolley began analyzing essential oils while completing his doctoral degree in chemistry at Brigham Young University. Dr. Woolley is an analytical chemist with world-wide expertise in analyzing essential oils using GC, GC-MS, and chiral GC-MS. He has traveled the world as a scientist, an inventor, a businessman, a writer, a product developer, a marketer, and a speaker. In his spare time he enjoys activities with his family, researching family history, trail running in the mountains of Utah, gardening, botany, sports, travel, cultures, classical art, and classical music.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction: What You Need to Know About Essential Oils
- Chapter 1: Essential Oils Are
- Chapter 2: Plants Grow
- Chapter 3: Plants Produce and Store Essential Oils
- Chapter 4: Plants Use Essential Oils
- Chapter 5: Plants Are Intelligent
- Chapter 6: Monoterpene Molecules
- Chapter 7: Oxygenated Monoterpene Molecules
- Chapter 8: Sesquiterpene Molecules
- Chapter 9: Diterpene Molecules
- Chapter 10: Triterpene Molecules
- Chapter 11: Tetraterpene Molecules
- Chapter 12: Collecting Distilled Essential Oils
- Chapter 13: Collecting Cold-pressed Citrus Oils
- Chapter 14: Diffusing Essential Oils with Active Diffusers
- Chapter 15: Diffusing Essential Oils with Passive Diffusers
- Chapter 16: How Aromas Change after Applying Essential Oils
- Chapter 17: Share Your Experience