Premenopausal symptoms, endometriosis, weight gain, low sex drive, fibrocystic breasts, heart disease, and osteoporosis---most women will experience these or other hormone-related problems. And today, millions of women concerned about aging must decide whether or not to undergo synthetic hormone replacement therapy and suffer its side effects and increased risks of cancer.
But there is revolutionary news about completely safe, natural progesterone, the only hormone supplement women may need as they age. The exciting clinical findings from its use were first spread by word of mouth, then in a groundbreaking book written by acclaimed California physician John R. Lee. Now, in this expanded and completely updated edition, Dr. Lee brings you lifesaving facts that even your doctor may not know about Premarin, Provera, and other HRT drugs; gives you an easy-to-follow nonprescription "Hormone Balance" program; and tells you how to stay energized, strong, sexually vigorous, and free from "female problems" before menopause, during the menopausal years, and beyond.
Size: This book measures 8"x 5" and is 440 pages.
Published in 2004.
John R. Lee, M.D., is the author of Natural Progesterone. He has a distinguished medical career, including graduating from Harvard and the University of Minnesota Medical School. Recently retired from private practice after thirty years, he now teaches medical professionals and lay audiences about hormone balance and health.
Virginia Hopkins, M.A., has been a writer and an editor since she graduated from Yale University in 1976. She has a masters degree in applied psychology from the University of Santa Monica. She has coauthored several of John R. Lee's books.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I: The Inner Workings of Hormone Balance
- Chapter 1- The Crux of the Matter: Menopausal Politics and Women's Hormone Cycles
- Chapter 2- The Dance of the Steroids
- Chapter 3- The History of Hormone Replacement Therapy and the Estrogen Myth
- Chapter 4- What is Estrogen?
- Chapter 5- Hormone Balance, Xenobiotics, and Future Generations
- Chapter 6- What is Natural Progesterone?
- Chapter 7- The Dramatic Difference between Progesterone and Progestins
- Chapter 8- Sex Hormones and the Brain
- Chapter 9- What Are Androgens?
- Chapter 10- Hormone Balance and the Menstrual Cycle
- Part II: Hormone Balance and Illness
- Chapter 11- Progesterone and Menopause Symptoms
- Chapter 12- Hormone Balance and the Adrenal and Thyroid Glands
- Chapter 13- Hormone Balance, Nutrition, and Osteoporosis
- Chapter 14- Women and Cardiovascular Disease
- Chapter 15- Hormone Balance and Cancer
- Chapter 16- Getting off Conventional HRT and on to Natural Hormones
- Chapter 17- Natural Hormone Balance and Pelvic Disorders
- Chapter 18- Hormone Balance and Other Common Health Problems
- Part III: Creating and Maintaining Hormone Balance
- Chapter 19- How to Use Progesterone Supplementation
- Chapter 20- How to Use Estrogen, DHEA, Pregnenolone, the Corticosteriods, Testosterone, and Androstenedione
- Chapter 21- Nutrition for Healthy Hormones
- Chapter 22- Commonly Asked Questions about Using Natural Progesterone