"Each section of this beautifully illustrated book covers a different area of aromatherapy study, from how to recognize authentic oils to recipes for basic health and all interspersed with delightful "Essential Oil Journeys" that trace the use of plant essences around the world. Suitable for professional therapists of all kinds while still accessible to the home practitioner,
The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils is destined to become a well-thumbed classic in every health library." - Suzanne Catty, author of Hydrosols: The Next Aromatherapy
Exploring science's new biological understanding of essential oils and their advantages over synthetic drugs, renowned aromatherapist Kurt Schnaubelt reveals how the effectiveness of essential oil treatments stems from our common biochemical and cellular heritage with plants. He explains how essential oils preserve a plant's complex natural life-supporting and immune-building qualities, developed through millions of years of interaction with animals and humans. Reviewing recent research in molecular, cellular, and evolutionary biology, he shows how the multilayered activity of plant essences helps maintain the integrity of our genetic code–the reason why pathogens cannot develop resistance toward essential oils as they do with antibiotics and antivirals–making essential oils a more effective and sustainable form of treatment for a variety of health problems.
Laying to rest old arguments over essential oils' alleged toxicity and whether they can be ingested or used undiluted, Schnaubelt presents simple recipes and protocols for treating and preventing common ailments, such as colds, flu, herpes, and candida, as well as for pain management. Offering new essential oil treatment opportunities for hepatitis, osteoporosis, liver detoxification, and the prevention of UV damage and melanoma, he shows how essential oils can also ameliorate the debilitating side effects of chemotherapy and other cancer treatments as well as how even home use of essential oils for relaxation or skin care can help build one's immunity and overall well-being.
This item measures 8" wide x 10" tall.
What is included? This item includes 1 book.
Kurt Schnaubelt holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry and is the founder and scientific director of the Pacific Institute of Aromatherapy in San Francisco. The author of Advanced Aromatherapy and Medical Aromatherapy, he lives in San Rafael, California.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- BrioPrimer: Relevant Concepts and Terms
- Part 1 - Understanding the Language of Plants: The Science of Aromatherapy
- Chapter 1: The Foundations of Aromatherapy
- Chapter 2: The Bioactivity of Essential Oils
- Chapter 3: From Biology to Aromatherapy
- Part 2 - Exploring Authentic Essential Oils: Recognizing Authenticity, Safety, Diversity, and Fragrance
- Chapter 4: Authentic Essential Oils
- Chapter 5: Aromatherapy Safety in the Information Age
- Chapter 6: Aromatherapy Connects with Diverse Traditions
- Chapter 7: The Mystery of Fragrance
- Part 3 - Healing with Essential Oils: Treatment Strategies and Protocols
- Chapter 8: How to Apply Essential Oils: Topically
- Chapter 9: How to Apply Essential Oils: Internally
- Chapter 10: Essential Oils for Common Ailments
- Chapter 11: Essential Oils and the Skin
- Chapter 12: Treating Chemotherapy-Induced Vomiting and Nausea
- Chapter 13: Aromatherapy and Cancer
- Chapter 14: Selected Aspects of Chinese Medical Aromatherapy: Cancer and Autoimmune Diseases
- Chapter 15: Essential Oils and Hepatitis B and C
- Recommended Reading