This book brings us a complete look at healing in the early Christian church. They practiced a healilng ministry that included prayer, hands-on healing and anointing which has formed a foundation for healing through the ages. They didn't anoint with cooking oils, but rather, they anointed with healing aromatic oils. Nurses, ministers, and lay-healers alike will benefit from this contemporary look at Christian healing.
"Through her book and her ministry, I believe Linda Smith to be an agent of God anointed to bring to the 21st century the healing techniques as taught by Jesus and practiced by his disciples and the early church. This is the missing link in today's Christian ministry - a healing art that has been lost for more than a thousand years. This book, both ancient and advanced, both scriptural and scientific, can empower you to experience levels of health and wellness that exceed even the best that modern medicine can offer. Thank you Linda for the love, hope, and compassion you and your book offers to a suffering world."- David Stewart, Ph.D., Author Healing Oils of the Bible
"This extraordinary book is a very comprehensive manual for using essential oils in spiritual healing, growth, and awareness, and is sure to be a favorite of those seeking spiritual truth." - Vicki Opfer, Teacher of Natural Healing
"Finally! The coming together of the greatest healing gifts - touch, prayer, and nature's wisdom found in essential oils. Linda Smith's thorough approach covers the basics about healing oils from history to modern-day hands-on healing techniques. Her delivery is an enjoyable read. Her message is Divine."
-Marilee Tolen, RN, HNC, CHTP, CHTI, Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor.
Size: This book measures 9" x 6" and is 320 pages.
Linda L. Smith, founder and director of the Healing Touch Spiritual Ministry Program, has taught over 300 workshops nationally and internationally on healing. As a nurse-healer, teacher, mentor, and spiritual advisor, she has inspired many with her passion to restore healing and anointing to our Christian churches and ministries.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Being a Blessing for Others
Chapter 1: Anointing - Making Sacred Our Connection to God
- Our Judeo-Christian Story
- The Holy Anointing Oils of the Old Testament
- The Calling of Kings, Prophets and Priests
- Healing in the Promised Land
- Christ - The Anointed One Established a Healing Practice
- Anointing for Healing
- Is Anointing for Physical or Spiritual Healing?
- Anointing for the Forgiveness of Sins
- From Anointing for Healing to Anointing the Dying
- Using Anointing in Other Christian Rituals
- Holy Orders
- Final Thoughts
Chapter 2: The Use of Healing Oils - Through the Ages
- The Ancient World of Egypt, India, China
- The World of the Greeks and Romans
- Aromatic Oils Spread Across Europe in the Middle Ages
- Healing in the Abbeys and Monasteries of Europe
- Plagues and Thieves Teach Valuable Lessons in Healing
- Alchemy Gives Way to Chemistry and a New Industry is Born
- Medical Aromatherapy Becomes a New Specialty
- Beauty and Medicine Form a New Model of Aromatherapy
- Regulatory Agencies Try to Set the Standards
Chapter 3: The Earth's Medicines
- What are Essential Oils?
- Ways to Obtain the "Life Blood" of Plants
- How Essential Oils Work
- What Else can Essential Oils Do for Us?
- Essential Oils Can Affect Our Minds
- Essential Oils Can Affect the Body Through the Skin
- Essential Oils Also Have the Ability to Act as Antioxidants
- The Quality of Essential Oils
- What Are Some Uses of Essential Oils for Today?
- How Do You Use Essential Oils?
- How and Where to Purchase Essential Oils
- Some Common Sense Precautions
Chapter 4: Vibrational Remedies
- A New Field of Vibrational Medicine
- The Healing Process
- The Subtle Energy of Essential Oils
- Essential Oils and Prayer
- Our Energetic (Vibrational) Self
- Learning to Assess the Energy Field
- Using Essential Oils to Clear the Energy Field
- Healing Fragrances
- Final Thoughts
Chapter 5: Using Our Hands to Heal
- Healing of the Heart
- Heart Balancing
- Sacred Heart Blessing
- Sign of the Cross Blessing
- The Light of Christ Blessing
- Structural Balancing
- Blessing of the Senses
- Final Thoughts
Chapter 6: Creating Rituals of Healing and Anointing
- Learning from the Christian Church's Experience with Ritual Making
- "Doors to the Sacred"
- Creating Sacred Space
- Creating Sacred Time
- Creating Sacred Meaning
- Entering the Healing Mystery in our Rituals
- Modern Day Spiritual Anointing Rituals
Chapter 7: The Oils of Ancient Scriptures
- Rose of Sharon/Cistus
Chapter 8: Oils Used by Christian Medieval Healers
- Clary Sage
- Orange Blossom (Neroli)
Chapter 9: Creating Your Own Essential Oil Blends - The Art and Science
- Identifying Your Purpose
- Creating Synergies
- Spiritual Blending
- Creating Fragrance Harmonies
- Some Guides for Blending
- Mixing the Blend
- Some Prepared Blends
Chapter 10: Anoint Us with the Oil of Gladness
- Be a Source of Blessing for Others
Appendix A: Healing Touch Spiritual Ministry Program
Appendix B: Resources
Appendix C: A Healing and Anointing Service
Quantity discounts available.